Eveleigh Markets are probably Sydney’s most renowned markets, bringing together chefs, foodies, locals and visitors alike, all who share a passion for local, sustainable delicious food. Eveleigh Markets not only sell fresh, organic fruit and vegetables, but also farm-fresh eggs and meat, artisan food products like bread and cheeses, as well as flowers, olive oils, pickles, preserves, muesli, pasta, beverages and baked goods, to name just a few! As well as stocking up on all your pantry staples, you can feast on the delicious food stalls, which most notably include Kylie Kwong’s Chinese dumpling, pork bun & pancake stall – a definite not-to-miss!
Here are my tips, but definitely follow your instincts and pick what stands out for you!
- Everything Kylie Kwong cooks is incredible, so trying one of her dishes is not even questionable. The dumplings are the best I’ve ever had in my life and will change you. Get there in the morning and you’ll get to watch her cooking!
- Pepe Seya butter – the best cultured butter you will ever eat. They also make an exceptional buttermilk, mascarpone and truffle butter (if it’s in season)
- Flour & Stone – my favourite patisserie is Sydney. I can recommend everything they sell, but the croissants are pretty hard to beat.
- Bird Cow Fish make a really lovely Croque Monsieur
- Sonoma bread – I’m a big fan of their fruit/nut combo breads, the Miche and the seeded rye
- Farmer Jo Muesli – I love all of their granolas! The ones laced with golden syrup taste incredible (i.e. Burnt Fig & Cinnamon) but there are Paleo ones too which only use Australian honey…
- The Bread and Butter Project – their whey & rye bread is just beautiful!
- Cornersmith preserves – their pickled beetroot is fantastic and goes so well in a salad sandwich with a bit of goats cheese
- Pecora Dairy – they make some of the best cheeses I’ve ever had, all from sheep’s milk. I love the Jamberoo Mountain Blue
- Kitchen Green Pty Ltd – I really love their vegetable frittata if I’m feeling like something healthy for brunch. They top it with a great pesto
So eat up and enjoy your unforgettable trip to Eveleigh Markets! Over the year there are other fashion and vintage markets on in the area, such as Finders Keepers, so if you’re lucky they might be on just around the corner! X
8am to 1pm
245 Wilson St, Eveleigh
P: (+61 2) 8571 9099