The Manly Wharf Hotel is a bit of a Manly institution, and is one of the first places you see as you chug your way into Manly on the ferry. The simple, classic Aussie menu, featuring salads, burgers, fish & chips, wood-fired pizzas plus plenty of specials, is sure to please everyone. And of course nothing can beat the spectacular water views you will enjoy, whether you’re sitting inside or out on the pier.
The perfect time to come here is for lunch on a perfect sunny day, as you can sit out on the pier in the sun sipping an ice cold beer or cider over some delicious food. Beware of the greedy seagulls though!
As a local, I’ve been here somewhere between 50-60 times, and not because the food is particularly excellent, but because the view and atmosphere is just unbeatable. Although I must say, the food has definitely improved ten-fold over the past few years!
Here’s a little guide to the menu…
– I tend to order the salads, and can most definitely recommend the Honey Roasted Beetroot & Pumpkin Salad w/ Fetta, Walnuts, Fennel & Apple. Such an excellent combination of ingredients that really satisfies you.
– My brothers always go for the burgers, steak sandwich or calamari and chips. The quality of the meat in the burgers is excellent, the bread rolls are great and the dressings and sauces are always delicious. The calamari is always super tender and the servings are generous!
– The wood-fired pizzas always have a thin, crispy base. The prawn pizza is very popular!
– They have a pop-up section to the hotel, which changes roughly 1-2 times a year. Last time I was there it was the killer burgers from Chur Burger, but at the moment it is Burger, Liquor, Lobster.
– If drinking, you must get a 4 Pines beer! It’s our local brew made just diagonal from the Hotel.
So, if you come to Manly and the weather’s fine, bring along your sunnies and wide brim hat and soak up the sun at the Manly Wharf Hotel! Afterwards, grab a coffee (and perhaps a waffle – you wont regret it) at Barefoot and continue up to the beachfront for a dip in the ocean X
Ph: 02 9977 1266
Fax: 02 9977 1255
Manly NSW, 2095
Mon: 11:30 am – Midnight
Tue: 11:30 am – Midnight
Wed: 11:30 am – Midnight
Thu: 11:30 am – Midnight
Fri: 11:30 am – Midnight
Sat: 11am – 1.00am
Sun: 11am – Midnight
Public holidays: Open from 11.00am